It’s an ongoing debate all around Australia and the world and the debate revolves around which animal is the best pet. Now, there are a number of reasons why certain animals are the best pet for some people, but one pet always seems to come out on top or at the very least, second. This pet is, of course, the low maintenance cat and cats have proven themselves time and time again to be the pet of choice for people who need a pet to be independent. There are many reasons why these balls of fluff and cuteness remain at the top when it comes to choosing a new pet and we will look at some of them now.
- Great Family Pets – There are many who say that cats are distant and seem aloft and above everything else, but they couldn’t be more wrong. Cats are a great family pet and they thrive in the family environment. Cats are playful with children and adults and they can be taught to do a number of tricks just like dogs.
- Playful and Fun – Cats definitely love to play and if you bring a ball of wool into a room, then you better look out as they will play for hours when they have a distraction such as this. You can have many hours of endless fun with your cat with just this simple ball of yarn and if you add a wind-up toy mouse then the opportunities are endless.
- Provides Stress Relief – There is no doubt that the calming purr of a cat is a great stress reliever and cats can do this for hours if they are happy and content. They will lie on your chest and the vibrations from their purring, has an instant calming effect on your mind and body. If your cat is happy, then you will have an endless supply of stress relief right there in that ball of fluff. Cats also need to be taken care of and they may get sick occasionally and so if you have a Bombay cat or a Russian Blue cat, insurance is a sensible idea to have.
- House Trained – Unlike a dog that needs to get outside to do its business and needs constant walking, a cat is a different kind of beast. Once you get them a litter box, they will do their business there and so there is no need to have to take them for a walk on a cold or rainy day. They are happy to just stay inside in the heat and cosiness with you.
- Low Maintenance – Unlike a dog which needs constant attention, your cat can be trusted to be left alone for a few hours without chewing on anything or pulling trash out of the bin. A dog left alone can get bored easily and so gets up to things that a cat just wouldn’t do.
A cat is a great pet to have and is always underestimated in the companionship that it can provide.